Homeowners Insurance in Longview, TX
Get An Instant Home Quote
Buying a home is a significant investment. You could be on the hook for costly repairs if something goes wrong. Home insurance can provide financial protection if your property is damaged or destroyed.
We’re here to help. Contact Erick Dodge Insurance in Longview, Texas, for more information on our homeowners insurance coverage.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance, also called home insurance, is a package policy because it can pay for costs stemming from property damage and personal liability. It is a contract between you and your insurance company in which they agree to provide financial assistance for covered perils up to your policy limits and in accordance with your policy terms.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Home insurance coverages may vary between insurers, but here are some common home insurance benefits:
- Dwelling coverage—If your home is damaged by a covered peril, this can help pay for repairs or replacements.
- Other structures coverage—If additional aspects of your property (e.g., detached garage, gazebos) are damaged by a covered peril, this can help pay for repairs or replacements.
- Personal liability coverage—If you or your family are held liable for causing third-party property damage or bodily harm, this can help pay for legal fees, medical bills and other covered expenses.
- Personal property coverage—If your possessions are damaged or destroyed due to a covered loss, this can help pay to repair or replace them.
- Additional living expenses—If property damage forces you to vacate your home temporarily, this can help pay for your living expenses.
Review your policy carefully to understand what is included as a covered peril. Certain natural disasters (e.g., floods, earthquakes) are typically excluded from coverage. If you live in a high-risk flood zone, you may want to consider purchasing a separate flood insurance policy.
Contact Erick Dodge Insurance for more information.
Is Homeowners Insurance Required?
Although not required by law, homeowners insurance is mandated by most mortgage lenders to protect their financial interests in your policy. When deciding how much home insurance coverage to get, you may want to consider the cost of replacing all of your possessions and rebuilding your home from the ground up.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost?
Your home insurance premiums will vary with numerous factors. Here are some of the things your home insurer may consider when determining the cost of your home insurance:
- Location (e.g., state, zip code)
- Claims history
- Home characteristics
- Coverage limits and amounts.
How Do I Buy Homeowners Insurance?
Get the protection you deserve. Contact Erick Dodge Insurance to learn more about our home insurance coverage and to speak to a home insurance agent today.